What to do if the hyperlink within the meeting invitation email does not work:
When using the web on laptops/computers/tablets, some email services will change an email hyperlink so it does not work when clicked (i.e. Outlook). If this is the case, the hyperlink will have to be copied and pasted into a new webpage to work. To do this:
Highlight the hyperlink information by moving your mouse cursor over it and clicking the left mouse button once (the entire line should be highlighted), then:
- Copy it to your clipboard - press Ctrl+C (Windows) or Command+C (Mac) or right-click on your mouse and choose 'Copy'.
- Open your web browser and paste the hyperlink info into it - click into the address line, press Ctrl+V (Windows) or Command+V (Mac) or right-click on your mouse and choose 'Paste'.
- Click 'Enter/Return' on your keyboard, which should take you to the 'Join a Meeting' screen.
- Afterwards, refer to this article, if needed: INVITED PARTICIPANT - How To Join a Virtual 'Meeting' When Invited by a Healthcare Provider
Test Audio and Video Equipment:
Before joining a video meeting you are invited to, on the ‘Join a Meeting’ screen, click ‘Test Audio and Video’. This quickly tests your device’s audio and video.
OR, if having audio/video issues after joining a video meeting, participants may ‘Leave Call’, click the hyperlink within the meeting email again, click ‘Test Audio and Video’, then, after the test is complete, ‘Join’ the meeting again.
If a participant is logged into their SK Virtual Visit account, they should run the 'Pre-Call Test', available under 'Account', before starting their virtual sessions. This is a 30-second test of their video, audio and internet connection.
Using a Protected Server, VPN?
The platform is designed to not have to work through a VPN, as it is already completely safe and secure to use via the web. If a server/VPN is blocking access to SK Virtual Visit, there are a few things that you can try:
- Try to access "Incognito Mode" on your workstation and open the email invitation there. This MAY allow you to bypass your server. You can access your incognito browser by clicking and holding the following:
Windows: Ctrl + Shift + N
Mac: Command (or Cmd or ⌘) + Shift + N
- Your I.T. person, or authorized personnel with administrator access, can add the following, as 'safe sites', to your server:
Using malware (Malwarebytes) or antivirus software?
If you have malware or antivirus software running, try disabling them, as these may be blocking our platform.
If the meeting host or another member of the clinic care team clicks and confirms 'End Call For All’, the meeting hyperlink, ID and Passcode will be broken and will no longer work. Therefore, if needed, a new meeting will need to be started and the new Join-In information emailed to participant(s).
If the meeting host or other participants 'Leave Call' or lose connection with the meeting for any other reason, the meeting will still remain active for some time and all participants should be able to return into it.
The ‘SK Virtual Visit’ platform requires an internet connection, and a weak connection can result in issues accessing parts of the application, being able to see or hear people or them being able to see or hear you.
- While in the video, how many bars are showing on the Network Quality Indicator , displayed on the upper left-hand corner of your video screen?
- While in the video, have you noticed a message pop up in the middle of your screen stating, "Your Internet Connection is Unstable"?
- Participants can test their connection at:
- If you are unable to match these speeds or are unable to complete a test due to lack of bandwidth, you may need to talk to your Local IT or your internet service provider.
- Note: It is best to complete this test in the location where you normally work, as bandwidth can change due to the proximity you may have to the router or modem.
Download and use the dedicated mobile app, 'SK Virtual Visit' (available after clicking the hyperlink within the meeting email). It works much better with lower bandwidths and deals with camera and microphone permissions a little more plainly. There is no need for them to create an account with SK Virtual Visit. After downloading the app from their app store, they open it, click 'Join Meeting Now' from bottom of the Login page, manually enter the meeting ID and Passcode provided in the invitation email, enter their name and 'Join'.
Whenever prompted, participants should enable/allow their microphone and camera.
If using a mobile device, under their device 'Settings', enable their camera and mic for the 'SK Virtual Visit' app.
People Can't See or Hear Me - Mobile Device
Make sure they have the latest version of the 'SK Virtual Visit' app installed on their mobile device (check it in the app store by searching 'SK Virtual Visit'. If an Update is required, it will say 'Update'. If not, it will simply say 'Open'.
If using web on a laptop, computer or tablet, under 'Settings', they should enable their camera and mic for 'virtualvisit.saskatchewan.ca'. They should also ensure the volume is set to maximum.
People Can't See or Hear Me - Laptop or Desktop - Browser
People Can't See or Hear Me on iPad - Browser
Once in the video session, they can click the arrow beside 'Mute/Unmute' or 'Video' to view or change the microphone or camera they are using.
Participants should place their device on a stable surface, should not be moving, walking or driving, as movement can significantly affect the quality of the connection.
Users should make sure they have no other programs running on their device that are using internet or video and close them if they do, as it could affect the quality of their video meeting. This would include other people currently using their internet service.
Users should move to a different office/room, which has a stronger internet connection.
Being hardwired into their internet modem has better results than using wireless.
When participants Hard Refresh their page, it can reset things and/or re-prompt them to allow access to their camera and microphone. To do this, click and hold the following:
- Windows Users - Ctrl + Shift + R
- MAC Users - Command (or Cmd or ⌘) + Shift + R
Clear our website browser cache:
Restarting their device completely can reset things.
Try a different browser than the one they are using:
- Windows 10 or higher with all updates installed
- OS X Sierra or higher (v10.12+)
- Chrome Browser with Version 56 or higher OR
- Edge Browser with Version 79 or higher OR
- Firefox Browser with Version 44 or higher OR
- Safari Browser with Version 13 or higher
- Internet Explorer is not supported
A few users have found being connected to a 2nd monitor affects how their audio or video equipment works, so need to disconnect it.
Ensure the shutter is open on their device's camera (if using an external plug-in camera).