You are being invited by your healthcare provider to join a their clinic as a virtual patient so you will be able to have virtual (video) consultations with them. You will get this invitation by email, SMS text message or with an invite code.
Connect With Your Healthcare Provider's Clinic After Receiving an 'Email or SMS Text Message'
Connect With Your Healthcare Provider's Clinic After Receiving an 'Invite Code'
Through a partnership with eHealth Saskatchewan, your healthcare practitioner is enhancing their patient care by adding virtual (video) consultations in addition to traditional in-person and telephone appointments. This new feature will be available through the 'SK Virtual Visit' app.
This means you do not have to travel to your doctor's office but can privately consult with them through the app using your personal smartphone, tablet or computer.
This is especially helpful for patients who:
- Live in remote areas or a distance from their doctor's office
- Have mobility issues
- Have non-emergency health concerns
- Are concerned with waiting room illness/infection transmission
- Need follow-up healthcare monitoring, management or screening
- Require simple prescription refills
- Would need to take time off of work
- Stay at home with underage children
Virtual (video) healthcare is appropriate for certain issues only. If you are in a life-threatening emergency, call 911. If you have chest pain, shortness of breath, abdominal pain or other intractable pain, you need to be seen in person.
For Video Instruction Introduction Email from your Healthcare Provider