The Pre-Call Test is a brief check of your device and takes approximately 30 seconds.
- Connectivity to internet and servers
- Internet Browser
- Bitrate Statistics - speed of data transfers (the higher the better)
It is advisable you perform a 'Pre-Call Test' each time you log into your account for a scheduled consultation or before you join a scheduled meeting with your healthcare provider, to ensure everything is working properly on your device. This is especially important if you have had any changes in your technical equipment or internet service.
Please ensure your device is properly connected to the internet before starting the test.
There are a few places to test your device:
Option 1: After logging into your 'SK Virtual Visit' account
Option 2: When joining a meeting (with or without logging in)
Option 1: AFTER LOGGING INTO YOUR ACCOUNT
Step 1 -
On the app (mobile device): From the bottom bar, select 'Menu', then click 'Pre-Call Test'.
On web (laptop/computer/tablet): From the left navigation bar, select 'Account', then click 'Pre-Call Test'.
Step 2 - Review the screen, then click 'Start Test'.
The test will last for approximately 30 seconds, then will close automatically.
If the Pre-Call test results are good, you can proceed to join your virtual consultation or meeting.
If the Pre-Call test fails or the results are bad:
- Make sure other applications on your computer are closed
- Double-check your internet connection
- Move to an office/area with a stronger wifi signal
- If possible, use an ethernet or wired connection instead of wireless
- Make sure your microphone and camera are plugged in and set as a system default.
Option 2: WHEN JOINING A MEETING YOU ARE INVITED TO
Step 1 - At the 'Join a Meeting' screen, click 'Test Audio and Video'.
Step 2 - Continue with Step 2 above.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
How to Check Your Audio on a MACBOOK
How to Check Your Camera on a MACBOOK
How to Check Your Audio on WINDOWS
How to Check Your Camera on WINDOWS